Compensation & Benefits Specialist (f/m/d)
RemoteCologne, Nordrhein-Westfalen, GermanyPeople and Culture
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
As the first compensation and benefits specialist at DeepL, you will have the unique opportunity to further develop, establish and structure the compensation and benefits program for our company, in close cooperation with our existing People Partners team who set up the existing compensation and benefits structure.
You will be responsible for designing and implementing competitive compensation and benefits plans that align with DeepL’s business goals and values, and ensure the attraction and retention of top talent.
Working closely with the departments of people, finance, and leadership teams, you will analyze market trends and internal data to develop strategies that optimize the compensation and benefits package to meet the diverse needs of our employees.
Your expertise in compensation and benefits will contribute to fostering a culture of engagement and productivity by providing our employees with fair and transparent rewards that recognize their contributions to the success of DeepL.
- As our inhouse expert, own and further develop our compensation and benefits strategy and be the first point of contact for compensation and benefits
- Manage and maintain the salary benchmarking process as well as the tools and technology used for reporting
- Prepare regular budgets, reports and analysis on new and existing benefits and compensation for different stakeholders, through which you support these stakeholders with compensation reviews
- Build, grow and maintain relationships with third party vendors, becoming the subject matter expert on their services related to compensation and benefits
- By keeping abreast of market-leading compensation packages, trends and our competitors' offerings your efforts keep us competitive across DeepL’s multiple locations
- You are able to present new proposals for DeepL’s compensation and benefits to our stakeholders alongside our People Partners to secure buy-in
- Ensure compliance with legal regulations and guidelines related to compensation and benefits.
What we offer
- The opportunity to be part of and actively shape the compensation and benefits structure for an ambitious tech scale-up
- Meaningful work at scale: We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Experience the excitement of a rapidly growing scale-up! Over the last year we doubled in size, hiring new colleagues across UK, Germany, Poland, NL and Japan
- We’ve got your back! We are an experienced, highly committed team with transparent decision-making processes. We cherish collaboration and efficiency, but trust, empathy, inclusivity and an overall ‘human-first’ approach are just as important to us
- Flexible Work Arrangements: with office hubs in Cologne, Berlin, London, and Amsterdam, you choose where and how you work. We offer fully remote work from UK/GER/NL/PL, no strings attached, no 'to be reviewed'- DeepL is a remote-positive company now and forever
- Regular innovative team-building events- internationally!
- Competitive Salaries and individual learning budgets
- Hack Fridays for meaningful project work
- Generous annual leave allowance
- You have a passion for employee engagement and deep knowledge of all things compensation and benefit related
- Proven experience in compensation and benefits management, preferably in a high-growth tech company
- Strong knowledge in developing and administering compensation and benefits programs, including salary structures and incentive plans
- Experience in benefits roll out and annual benchmarking tasks
- Knowledge of HRIS systems and proficiency in Excel, including advanced formulas and pivot tables
- Fluent English speaker. German, Dutch or Polish is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as verbal and written, and a collaborative working style
- Methodical and organised approach to meeting deadlines and requests