Commercial Onboarding Manager (f/m/d)
RemoteCologne, Nordrhein-Westfalen, GermanyBusiness Functions
is Germany's best-known AI company. We develop neural networks to help people work with language. With DeepL Translator, we have created the world's best machine translation system and made it available free of charge to everyone online. Over the next few years, we aim to make DeepL the world's leading language technology company.
Our goal is to overcome language barriers and bring cultures closer together.
What distinguishes us from other companies?
DeepL (formerly Linguee) was founded by developers and researchers. We focus on the development of new, exciting products, which is why we spend a lot of time actively researching the latest topics. We understand the challenges of developing new products and try to meet them with an agile and dynamic way of working. Our work culture is very open because we want our employees to feel comfortable. In our daily work we use modern technologies - not only to translate texts, but also to create the world's best dictionaries, and solve other language problems.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because they have enjoyed our services, or maybe they just want to get on board with our quest to break down language barriers and facilitate communication.
What will you be doing at DeepL?
As a Commercial Onboarding Manager, you will provide a structured onboarding process for all new hires joining our commercial teams across Sales, Customer Success, Marketing and Support. In our very dynamic environment, with new hires every month, your work in this role will enable new colleagues in our commercial teams to become productive more quickly. Your impact on the team will be highly visible through your delivery of coaching and onboarding sessions, covering both people and commercial topics, as well as being there to answer questions, resolve ambiguities and support your new teammates in any way possible. A fundamental element of your role will be to liaise widely across the business to keep abreast of new developments and ensure that colleagues have the information and materials to enable them to reach their full potential.
- Develop a strong understanding of our revenue processes and systems
- Create an efficient onboarding structure for our revenue teams in a highly dynamic environment
- Maintain the onboarding structure through continuous improvement
- Conduct monthly onboarding for our new hires through live coaching and asynchronous information sharing
- Work with the Knowledge Management team to document internal knowledge
- Work with commercial leaders to align, extend and improve onboarding efforts
- Work with broader teams such as P&C to keep abreast of company-wide developments
- Be a go-to person for new hires and colleagues for requests
- Provide training and documentation for updates or new systems or processes
What we offer
- Make an impact! We break down language barriers worldwide and bring different cultures closer together
- Experience the excitement of a rapidly growing scale-up. Over the last year we doubled in size with employees located across UK, Netherlands, Germany, Poland, and Japan
- We’ve got your back. We are an experienced, highly committed team with transparent decision-making processes. We cherish collaboration and efficiency, but the human approach, trust, empathy, and inclusivity are just as important
- Flexible work arrangements: with office hubs in Cologne, Berlin, London, and Amsterdam, you choose where and how you work. We offer fully remote work from UK/DE/NL/PL, no strings attached, no 'to be reviewed'- DeepL is a remote-positive company now and forever
- Regular innovative team-building events - internationally
- Significant experience in a related field such as coaching, training, learning & development, or people operations.
- Proficiency in at least one of the revenue areas (preferably Sales) and deep understanding of processes in this area
- A collaborative working style with experience of working across the business with teams of different sizes to achieve common goals
- Proficient user of learning management software
- Excellent presentation skills (verbal and written) and the ability to motivate, teach, empower, and inspire
- Excellent project management skills
- Fast thinking, fast learning
- Previous experience in a SaaS organisation would be a bonus
- Knowledge of HubSpot, Salesforce and Zendesk a plus
We are looking forward to your application!