Accounts Payable Lead
RemoteLondon., England, United KingdomFinance
DeepL, Europe's leading AI company since 2017, is dedicated to breaking down language barriers and bringing cultures closer together. Our expertise in AI and neural networks has enabled us to create cutting-edge communication technologies for businesses, including the acclaimed DeepL Translator which offers 30+ languages, and DeepL Write, our AI writing companion. Our core offering includes a suite of products and tools made for businesses to communicate more effectively, both internally and with their customers around the globe.
Our goal is to become the global leader in Language AI and build products that help drive better communication, drive connection, and make real-life impact. To do that, we need talented people, like you, who want to be a part of this exciting journey. If you're ready to work with a dynamic team and build your career in the fast-moving AI space, DeepL is your destination.
What sets us apart
We are committed to innovation and to a nurturing work environment. Founded by developers and researchers, we spend a lot of time actively reviewing the latest trends in generative AI and software engineering. Known for pioneering AI technologies, we dive deep into cutting-edge research to create not only translations, but advanced language solutions. Combining our use of modern technology, comprehensive employee benefits with our open and welcoming work culture is what sets us apart.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, the reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because of the products that have helped countless people worldwide, or maybe it's because of our shared goal of improving communication for individuals and businesses worldwide. What we're certain of is this: being part of DeepL means joining a team committed to innovation and the well-being of its employees.
What you'll be doing
We are growing very strongly and are gaining a large number of customers every day. That is an exciting time! At the same time, our tasks, expenses, and accounts are also growing.
And this is where you come in with your expertise: through your experience and motivation, you make your contribution to the expansion and transformation of our Accounts Payable team. We are searching for an outgoing and self-motivated team member to support our Head of Accounting with immediate effect as Accounts Payable Lead. You will have the opportunity to shape things from the ground up and thus also according to your ideal conception. Through your foresight, you will ensure smoothly functioning AP processes in the long term, as they are ideally lived in technology-affine companies
- Together with your team, you'll take care of all incoming invoices along the whole AP process for our German parent company as well as our foreign subsidiaries
- Responsible for the approval process as well as the timely posting and payment of supplier invoices.
- Ensure a robust control environment in Accounts Payable.
- Lead a team of four AP accountants and report directly to the Head of Accounting.
- Help your team prioritizing daily work and further developing of the AP team with regard to structures and standards, digitalization and automation.
- Collaborating with your team, you are responsible for reconciling credit card statements, meticulously maintaining the subledger, and ensuring its continuous and accurate updates.
Qualities we look for
- A successfully completed business studies degree or commercial training
- At least 3 years of professional experience in leading an AP team
- Relevant experience in various ERP systems, very good knowledge of common MS-Office tools
- Experience with Workday is a bonus
- Outgoing and self-motivated personality with strong communication and organizational skills
- A high degree of personal responsibility, transparency as well as a structured and goal-oriented approach to work and high attention to detail
- Fluency in English & German
What we offer
- Diverse and internationally distributed team: joining our team means becoming part of a large, global community with people of more than 90 nationalities. We're more than just colleagues; we're a group of professionals with a shared mission to connect diverse cultures. Our global presence is growing–we've doubled in size nearly every year, with our employees based in the UK, Germany, the Netherlands, Poland, the US, and Japan, and we continue to expand our network.
- Open communication, regular feedback: as a language-focused company, we value the importance of clear, honest communication. We value smooth collaboration, direct and actionable feedback, and believe that leading with empathy makes us better together.
- Hybrid work, flexible hours: whether you're near our hub in Cologne, or prefer the comfort of your own home, you decide where your office is. We offer flexible working hours and trust in your productivity, all in sync with your team's general locations and time zones to foster effective and seamless collaboration. Our aim is to integrate your work with your lifestyle, ensuring a balance that respects both your needs and our operational requirements.
- Regular in-person team events: we bond over vibrant events that are as unique as our team, from local team and business unit gatherings, to new-joiner onboardings, to company-wide events that bring us all together–literally.
- Comprehensive health insurance: your health comes first. With our comprehensive insurance, we'll make sure you're covered from head to toe.
- 30 days of annual leave: we value your peace of mind. With 30 days off (excluding public holidays) and access to mental health resources, we make sure you're as strong mentally as you are professionally.
- Annual learning budget: because we never stop learning, we’ve set up an annual budget for your professional development—pick a learning path that contributes to your career development and we'll back you up.
If this role and our mission resonate with you, but you're hesitant because you don't check all the boxes, don't let that hold you back. At DeepL, it's all about the value you bring and the growth we can foster together. Go ahead, apply—let's discover your potential together. We can't wait to meet you!
If required: please make sure to send your application in English.