Account Executive US | Mid-Market
Austin, Texas, United StatesSales
DeepL, Europe's leading AI company since 2017, is dedicated to breaking down language barriers and bringing cultures closer together. Our expertise in AI and neural networks has enabled us to create cutting-edge communication technologies for businesses, including the acclaimed DeepL Translator which offers 30+ languages, and DeepL Write, our AI writing companion. Our core offering includes a suite of products and tools made for businesses to communicate more effectively, both internally and with their customers around the globe.
We are backed by world-class investors including Benchmark, Bessemer Venture Partners, IVP, Atomico, btov, and WiL. Headquartered in Cologne, Germany, we're using this new funding and momentum to expand both our technology and our international presence with our official launch into the US market.
Our goal is to become the global leader in Language AI and build products that help drive better communication, drive connection, and make real-life impact. To do that, we need talented people, like you, who want to be a part of this exciting journey. If you're ready to work with a dynamic team and build your career in the fast-moving AI space, DeepL is your destination.
What sets us apart
We are committed to innovation and to a nurturing work environment. Founded by developers and researchers, we spend a lot of time actively reviewing the latest trends in generative AI and software engineering. Known for pioneering AI technologies, we dive deep into cutting-edge research to create not only translations but advanced language solutions. Combining our use of modern technology, and comprehensive employee benefits with our open and welcoming work culture is what sets us apart.
When we tell people about DeepL as an employer, the reactions are overwhelmingly positive. Maybe it's because of the products that have helped countless people worldwide, or maybe it's because of our shared goal of improving communication for individuals and businesses worldwide. What we're certain of is this: being part of DeepL means joining a team committed to innovation and the well-being of its employees.
Act as a trusted advisor to your prospects and customers by deeply understanding their problems and educating them on how our products can add value
Meet and exceed quarterly revenue and pipeline goals
Build pipeline consisting of new business, up-sell, and cross-sell opportunities
Land new logos and expand our footprint within existing customers
Provide weekly forecasts of your opportunities and keep updated deal details in our CRM
Create territory, account, and opportunity plans to drive focused execution
Partner with cross-functional teams internally (SDR, SCs, Legal, Finance, Product, Marketing, Finance, Legal) to support your customers and effectively navigate complex sales cycles
Help us build our US sales playbook
Qualities we look for
Relevant experience with SaaS sales
Have a track record of consistently overachieving quota
An excellent consultative seller. You listen deeply to customers and genuinely care about helping them solve their problems
Have sold emerging technologies, won new logos, and expanded within existing accounts
Treat others with respect and collaborate with cross-functional teams
Well organized and don’t drop the ball on things that need to get done
Humble, driven, and naturally curious
Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
Self-starter, relentlessly resourceful, and have a “roll-up my sleeves and figure it out” attitude
Excited about joining a scale-up where not everything is figured out, we move fast and are actively building the playbook, and we must shift priorities and adapt to dynamic situations
Comfortable with a hybrid working model and able to come into our Austin office regularly. This is important to us in order to build a strong culture within our first US hub.
What we offer
- Diverse and internationally distributed team: joining our team means becoming part of a large, global community with people of more than 90 nationalities. We're more than just colleagues; we're a group of professionals with a shared mission to connect diverse cultures. Our global presence is growing–we've doubled in size nearly every year, with our employees based in the UK, Germany, the Netherlands, Poland, the US, and Japan, and we continue to expand our network.
- Competitive salary, high-growth scale-up: we offer a competitive salary, stock options, and the experience of a fast-growing scale-up. We've doubled in size year-over-year, so come and be part of our US story, where your contributions not only add up–they multiply.
- Open communication, regular feedback: as a language-focused company, we value the importance of clear, honest communication. We value smooth collaboration, direct and actionable feedback, and believe that leading with empathy makes us better together.
- Hybrid work, flexible hours: whether you're near or in our hubs in Austin, or prefer the comfort of your own home, you decide where your office is. We offer hybrid opportunities, including the option to work several days in the office each week. This allows you to engage directly with your team and experience the unique energy of our workspace, while still enjoying the flexibility and comfort of working from home as needed. With flexible working hours and trust in your productivity, we are in sync with your team's general locations and time zones to foster effective and seamless collaboration. Our aim is to integrate your work with your lifestyle, ensuring a balance that respects both your needs and our operational requirements, blending in-person interactions with the autonomy of remote work.
- Regular in-person team events: we bond over vibrant events that are as unique as our team, from local team and business unit gatherings, to new-joiner onboardings, to company-wide events that bring us all together–literally.
- Monthly full-day hacking sessions: every month, we have Hack Fridays, where you can spend your time diving into a project you're passionate about and get the opportunity to work with other teams–we value your initiatives, impact, and creativity.
- Comprehensive health insurance: your health comes first. With our comprehensive insurance, we'll make sure you're covered from head to toe.
- 30 days of annual leave: we value your peace of mind. With 30 days off (excluding public holidays) and access to mental health resources, we make sure you're as strong mentally as you are professionally.
If this role and our mission resonate with you, but you're hesitant because you don't check all the boxes, don't let that hold you back. At DeepL, it's all about the value you bring and the growth we can foster together. Go ahead, apply—let's discover your potential together. We can't wait to meet you!